As with a lot of plastic surgery procedures, breast augmentation surgery can have some misconceptions Royal Blade. It’s important to clear up these misconceptions before you make a decision about whether or not a breast augmentation is a good choice for you.
Here Are Some Common Breast Augmentation Misconceptions
- Myth: Bigger is better when it comes to breast implants 마이크로 소프트 무료 다운로드.
- Fact: Larger implants come with higher complication rates, most commonly, mal-position of the implant out to the side or below the fold underneath the breast, or excessive thinning of the tissues leading to visible rippling Download a high-definition music video. These problems can result in the need for costly and time consuming additional surgeries.
- Myth: Breast augmentation is only for young women.
- Fact: According to the statistics published by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, women over forty years of age comprise over a third of breast augmentation patients 리갈하이 다운로드. As long as the patient is healthy, there is no specific chronological age limit that applies to this procedure.
- Myth: Implants need to be replaced every ten years 윈도우7 microsoft print to pdf 드라이버.
- Fact: While older generation silicone gel breast implants had poor durability and generally were found to be leaking by ten years, current silicone gel implants are very durable and only ten percent are in need of replacement at the ten-year mark 시포디. This is generally diagnosed with a high-definition ultrasound or less commonly with an MRI. Saline implants do not need to be replaced unless a deflation occurs which is obvious to patient and surgeon alike 크롬 html5 동영상. Saline implants deflate at about one percent per year of placement, so there is a ten percent chance of deflation at ten years.
- Myth: Insertion site for the implant doesn’t matter coursera.
- Fact: Current data supports that implants placed through the armpit or nipple come with higher complication rates as compared to insertion in the crease underneath the breast 글래스 한글자막 다운로드. Scar tissue around the implants called capsular contracture and implant mal-position are both more common with armpit or nipple placement.
- Myth: Active women should not have breast implants Download sharp printer driver.
- Fact: Active women have no greater issues with breast implants than sedentary women. It is vitally important that appropriately sized implants are used and that they be placed under the chest wall muscle so that they have good soft tissue coverage and adequate support.
Appointments Available in Kansas City
If you have any questions about breast augmentation misconceptions or think breast augmentation is right for you, Dr. Rast is ready to talk with you about next steps. Contact Dr. Rast at (913) 451-3722 or contact us online to learn more about breast augmentation surgery. Our plastic surgery team strives to work with you to get you looking and feeling younger as soon as possible!