What can I expect during my consultation?
Dr. Rast often performs breast augmentation surgery in his Kansas City plastic surgery clinic. If you are preparing to get breast implants, it is imperative for you to develop a trusting relationship with Dr. Rast and understand the surgery specifics. Your relationship will begin with your first consultation. Our goal is to not only make you feel comfortable, but to educate you on everything about the breast augmentation surgery. As we learn more about you and your body image goals, Dr. Rast will create a personalized surgery plan to provide you with the most beautiful, natural results.
During your initial consultation, you will sit down in our Kansas City office with Dr. Rast and his team. You will be asked about your medical history, social habits, surgery expectations, and existing knowledge about the breast augmentation procedure. Plastic surgery success and your own safety are very dependent on your candidness during this consultation.
Remember: your greatest ally in the process is the knowledge and experience of Dr. Rast. We strive to make sure you are comfortable and confident throughout the entire process. Learn more about Dr. Rast’s training and experience.
You should be prepared to discuss:
- Why you want breast implants
- Your expectations
- Desired cosmetic outcome
- Medical conditions or medical treatments
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Previous surgeries
- Family history of breast cancer and results of any mammograms or previous biopsies
Dr. Rast may also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine your breasts
- Take detailed measurements of their size and shape, skin quality, placement of your nipples
- Take photographs for medical records
- Discuss likely outcomes of breast augmentation and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss the use of anesthesia during your breast augmentation surgery
Questions For You To Ask Dr. Rast
Think about your personal goals and ideas of the future and read through these questions to come up with a game plan for your consultation. To make sure you feel comfortable and confident with Dr. Rast and your own surgery, there are some questions you can and should ask during your consultation! Questions from plasticsurgery.org.
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Are you a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally-or state-recognized accrediting agency?
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- What will be expected of me to get the best results?
- Where and how will you perform my procedure?
- What shape, size, surface texturing, incision site and placement site are recommended for me?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How many additional implant-related operations can I expect over my lifetime?
- How will my ability to breastfeed be affected?
- How can I expect my implanted breasts to look over time? After pregnancy/breastfeeding?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my implanted breasts?
- How will my breasts look if I choose to have the implants removed in the future without replacement?
For More Information On Breast Implants Read Through The Following Pages:
What should I expect during my consultation?
Schedule Your Consultation In Kansas City
Call Dr. Rast at (913) 451-3722 or contact us online to learn more about breast surgery and your options. Our plastic surgery team will walk you through the breast augmentation procedure and help you achieve a natural, beautiful look based on your personal goals.
Our offices are conveniently and privately located on the outskirts of Kansas City, KS.