Understanding More About Body Contouring
After undergoing major weight loss, many patients in Kansas City, KS turn to surgical body contouring as a solution to reduce excess fat and skin that still remains from before their weight loss. Body contouring consists of a series of procedures that will help remove unwanted sagging in the upper arms, face, torso, chest, breast, and thigh areas. Dr. Rast’s goal is to provide each patient with a more “normal” appearance by smoothing their contours and helping them feel good about the way they look.
What Does Body Contouring Consist Of?
There are many health and cosmetic benefits to dramatic weight loss, but the aftermath may cause the elasticity of your skin and tissues to sag because they don’t necessarily conform to your new reduced body size. In these cases, it is common to consult a plastic surgeon in Kansas City, KS about body contouring that can include a:
- Facelift – to eliminate sagging of the face and neck.
- Tummy tuck – to reduce the excess skin that hangs over your abdomen.
- Breast lift– to reverse your flattened breast and give them a fuller look.
- Lower body lift – that will shape your thighs, abdomen, and buttocks.
- Thigh lift – to get rid of the sagging of your inner, mid, and outer thighs.
- Arm lift – to tighten your skin and do away with sagging in your upper arms.
Body contouring can make a real difference in the way that you look after dramatic weight loss, particularly if you’re unhappy with the way your weight has distributed. Whether you lost a significant amount of weight through diet and exercise or because of a bariatric surgical procedure, you’re going to want to see your body properly contoured to fully enjoy your new size.
If you are considering Body Contouring to make a difference in the way that you look and feel, Dr. Rast in Kansas City is here to help. Please contact us today if you would like to discuss the right options for you.